On our way into Sofia’s daycare Wednesday morning, Gabe said excitedly, “Mom, that guy lost his gashole!” My tongue started to bleed while I turned to look and saw the car Gabe was pointing to was missing its gas cap and cover. I calmly corrected Gabe and said, “Honey, I think you mean that guy’s CAR is missing its gas CAP.” Thinking about how people could be missing their gas-holes made me laugh on the inside for a long time. It’d be a less smelly world, I imagine.
On this morning’s ride to daycare and school, I told the kids it was Nanni’s and Grandpa’s and Nichole’s birthdays! And what did they want me to tell them? Immediately, they started saying, “Can we call Nanni? Can we call Grandpa? Can we call Nichole?” I answered that it was way too early, but we would try to reach them after school. Here’s my best re-cap of their pointers for a happy birthday:
Sofia: They should make a princess cake!
Gabe: And they need candles to blow out!
Sofia: They should play first and give me a kiss!
Gabe: They should wiggle and dance – ohhh and sing!
Sofia: They should get lots of presents!
Gabe: They should throw water balloons!
Gabe: And color leaves!
Fia: And go to the playground!
Gabe: And play with clay!
There you have it folks! Listen to the kids. They know best! Cake, presents, playing, wiggling, dancing, singing, water ballons, coloring, going to the playground, and playing with clay! It’s all about playing as a kid. I read in a recent issue of Real Simple that babies laugh an average of 300 times a day and adults laugh only 5 times a day. We have a lot of catching up to do! Look for a gas-hole and explode with laughter. Enjoy your birthdays Nanni, Grandpa, and Nichole!!!
3 comments:
Thank you! With such great suggestions for a happy birthday it's bound to be a gas! And a very happpy birthday to Grandpa and Nichole too! Love, Nanni xxxoooxxx
Happy birthday, you three! I have tears running down my cheeks from laughing at "gashole!" That is PERFECT! Between Rachel's boys and reading about Gabe and Sofia every day will bring me up to par on laughter. Nothing like laughing and playing.
That's the best advice I've read in a VERY long time. :) Birthday or no, 'gashole' or not, that's the ticket.
Post a Comment