Yesterday we had the day off for Veterans Day, which always makes me think about how many men and women in my family have served our nation -- Grandpa Leonhart, Grandpa Kardon, Grandpa Rice, my father, my mother, my step-mother, my Uncle Joe, and several cousins. Thank you to each and every one of you!
We asked the kids what they wanted to do on our day off, and Gabe piped up with "ice skating!" So we spent several hours yesterday at the ice skating rink in Pentagon City. They were timid at first, but got the hang of it and were then bragging the whole way to pick up their Uncle David from the airport. "Did you see the way I was turning, Mom?" "Did you see how I could spin?" (hmmm, no, I must've missed that... ;) ) The cutest part for me was when Gabe would scoot over to help his sister up when she took a tumble. Tim's younger brother David is in town interviewing with Howard University's pediatric dentistry program. It would be really wonderful to have family in the same city for the first time since going away to college. :) So keep your fingers crossed!
A couple nights ago, the kids were really cracking me up, so I busted out the video camera. Speaking of busting out, I realized how often I use "figures of speech" because Gabe has started asking me to tell him more figures of speech. Now it seems like every other phrase he spits out is a figure of speech gone slightly wrong. Sofia is even funnier -- she completely makes them up. "Mom, that's like throwing some noodles against the wall." What? Does that mean it's a sticky situation, Sofia?
Anyway, they were showing off various dances, and we were rolling with laughter. Tim was snoring, so then the kids started doing their best impersonations of Daddy snoring. I don't think I have ever laughed so hard. I posted a couple videos on Facebook, so I'll post a slightly different one here. You'll have to excuse my laughter, but I just couldn't help it. Sometimes I think our kids are the funniest people I know and some of the most creative too. The other day, Gabe said, "Look, Mom -- today's date is a math problem." When I asked what he meant, he said, "11 minus 1 equals 10." That was Monday, November 1, 2010. Totally not something my brain would create for me, but I love that his does!
I don't know about you guys, but I'm getting excited about Thanksgiving. Sofia keeps asking when her birthday is, so I need to get with it and plan her party. I can't believe it's only a couple weeks away. I have no idea what to plan. Maybe a princess ice skating party? What do you guys think? I'm always open to suggestions.
The kids acting crazy:
1 comment:
You definitely have funny kids! The video gave me a good glimpse of Gabe's smile--missing his tooth. And Sofia's hair is so long, she looks so much like you--beautiful!
An ice skating party sounds like loads of fun. You could make it an olympic event, giving out medals to winners of games. Wish I could be there.
Post a Comment