Dear Gabe,
It's hard to believe you're 10 today! Whoever said "don't blink" wasn't kidding! You're growing up way too fast! And I have just a few things I want to tell you on this special occasion. :)
I love that you still call me "mama," that you still want to confide in me, and that you still want to twirl my hair as you drift off to dream. I love how much you light up when you are excited to tell me about something like a "shock" pen, or a book you're reading, or a movie you've just seen and loved (like
Life of Pi). You're great at putting things together (you sure helped me figure out the cymbals that go on your drumset), and you have been since you were little. I'll never forget you trying to lift sewer covers when you were 3 or asking me where the water goes when it goes down the drain, or when you went to the back of a moonbounce before getting in it so you could inspect how it worked! (What 4-year-old does that?!) :)
You're such a kind and funny boy, and most of the time, you're protective of your sister (although of course you do your fair share of bickering at each other)! :) All I want for your future is that you have a little more fun (hence the kick-ass drum set) and continue on the wondrous path you're already on. I just know you'll be a kind-hearted, loving, smart, funny man some day who really enjoys life. I am so proud of you for who you are. I love you so much, and I will always be here for you any time you want to talk, cry or even twirl my hair.
Here's a quick snapshot of my favorite pictures of you throughout your first decade of life!
I love you, my little man!
xoxoxo,
Mom
 |
| Just born! And we're both exhausted. Look at your TINY little hand! |
 |
| You finally had a little bit of hair on top of your head! :) |
 |
| Here you are with Bubbe & Uncle Eli. Bubbe brought Angus home at the same time I brought you home from the hospital. :) |
 |
| What a lucky little fella! You turned 1 on a beach in Italy. |
 |
| Holly holding you & Amelia at your first birthday party |
 |
| Here you're turning 2! Look at that giant smile! |
 |
| Brushing Nanni's hair |
 |
| Peeking in from outside -- look at your cold little nose! |
 |
| Playing with your new baby sister! She's 3 months old here. |
 |
| Posing with Sofia |
 |
| Making you laugh at the Tulip Garden in DC |
 |
| Giving Aunt Vicki hugs! |
 |
| Graduating pre-k with your best friend Ethan |
 |
| Riding a pony at a friend's birthday party |
 |
| Turning 5! |
 |
| SO excited to get transformers! |
 |
| Riding the school bus for the first time! |
 |
| Banging on Mom's drum (and birthday gift from Adina) |
 |
| Making Mom laugh after a run |
 |
| Doing the touristy thing with Aunt Alana |
 |
| Fun at the playground |
 |
| Water Mine fun with the Russells |
 |
| Monkeying around with Ethan |
 |
| Taking Flat Stanley and Flat Stella at the Alamo |
 |
| Making Eliot laugh -- in North Carolina for Kirsten's wedding |
 |
| You will be taller than me before I know it! |
 |
| You begged & pleaded for a drumset for your 10th birthday. Looks like you're a lucky, lucky little fella to me! :D And I'm one LUCKY mama to have you for my son. I love you Gabe. |
3 comments:
And I'm the luckiest bubbe in the whole wild world! Love you, Gabe!
That was supposed to say "whole WIDE world," but wild works...:)
Looks like 10 amazing years. He's a great kid, and you're a great Mom. These things often happen like that. :)
Post a Comment