Saturday, December 6, 2008

Happy Birthday to My Baby Who Was Never a Baby!
















































Today Sofia turns 3! In some ways, I can't believe it. In others, she has been her own little grown-up self since she was born. It may seem strange to call her a grown-up, but my girl is so wise beyond her years and so independent, it's hard for me to not see her this way. :) (And I'm not bragging.) I have had so many heartaches over wanting to cuddle with her and her not wanting to be held. That's especially tough to take, knowing she's our last baby. We agreed on 2 children. I still often tell Tim we should adopt 2 more when the kids are 8 and 10, but to date, he continues to call me crazy. :) I just figure we'll be able to afford more by then, but my uterus will be too ancient. (I'm sure Mom will comment on that one, given that I have 2 teenaged brothers.)


Anywho, this blog is a celebration of Sofia, so I'll try not to digress again. She has been a super independent and happy spirit since the day she was born. She's the giggler. Ironically, (considering she didn't love to be coddled), she's the mama to every dolly in the house. She loves to spend time chatting with no one in particular. She loves to play with my makeup and must have her "lipstip" (translation: lip gloss) wherever she goes. She loves dresses (sometimes insists on wearing them to bed) and her tutu that she received from her Aunt Rachel. She loves to sing, dance, and play tea party with her dad. She's a Daddy's Girl through and through. Every morning, the first question I get is, "Where's my Daddy?"


She's a morning person. Lord, is she a morning person! Up at 5, saying, "Sun's up! It's time for waffles!" Occasionally she goes through spells of insisting we call her some other name. For a while, she was Alicia (the leopard hunter on Dora) and lately she has been Aunt Amy. I would say I can't wait to see what she'll be like when she's 16, but I think I already know! And truly, I just want time to slow the bleep down...


Above are some of my favorite pictures of Fia (aka Princess, Sopapilla, and Fifi - only by Tim)!

4 comments:

Kathi said...

Happy birthday to my sweet granddaughter! I wish I could be there to give her a big kiss and a hug, so Mama, you'll have to do that for me. I won't comment on your uterine age (is that like "dog years"?) Your daughter actually is a lot like her mommy- independent from the beginning. You didn't want to be held either, and I remember trying to rock you to sleep with you wanting nothing more than to get the heck out of my lap! I'm waiting for Papa to get home so that we can call and sing happy birthday! Love and kisses to Princess Fia- and to her big brother, too...love you all!

Betty said...

Happy Birthday to my sweet great-granddaughter, Sofia! I'll see her soon. Love all of the pictures! I can't believe she's 3 already. Funny about the different names she wants to be called. Nicole and Abby did the same thing.

Gigi said...

Happy LATE bday to my middle-name sake. :) I hope she had a wonderful day. I could not get the comments to work on your blog till this morning, for some reason (I blame my internet, as usual). She is definitely her own girl, which is a good thing! Hugs and kisses, Sofia.

Sarah will be glad to hear about all the independent babies. She was just telling me that Elle is not much of a cuddler either.

Tina said...

Happy Birthday Sofia! You gorgeous wonderful little woman.

And K - no more talk of aging uteruses. :) 'ahem....'