A sweaty Gabe with his buddy Kyle after a soccer game last weekend...
No sweating for the princess ballerina!
Gabe with his Uncle Jake
Fia saying "Cheese" a little bit too hard with Aunt Alana :D
Tim and Gabe at Great Falls...
Aunt Alana with Fia and me
Alana was ecstatic to learn Walt Whitman had a summer home in Gran's little town of Laurel Springs, NJ.
the front view of Walt's summer home...
Aunt Patty and crazy Uncle Bill...
In this shot, I think Bill was wheeling and dealing with his daughter over how much washing the car was worth...
Gabe says, "Thanks Aunt Jorgie for my cool present!"
Your sister says, "Leave it to Aunt Jorgie to give Sofia her first Barbie doll!" ;) *just teasing you Jordan!* You knew she'd LOVE it! SPARKLY BARBIE in a WEDDING DRESS that goes all the way to her toes! (Sofia was squealing with delight!)We have had an exciting last couple of weeks. First, Alana and Jake came to visit and then my Mom flew in for a visit. She was accepting an award for a play she co-wrote about Darfur. (Yes, I'm a proud daughter!)
Anywho, we had fun visiting with everyone. Even took a quick day trip to Jersey to see Granny, who wowed me by making my all-time favorite meal, and Uncle Bill, Aunt Patty, kids and humongous dogs. Gabe was pouting around the place yesterday after getting his hair cut, and we couldn't figure out why until he said, "I wanted to grow my hair long like Uncle Jake!" :) Too cute!
Sofia has been walking around with a baby doll tucked into her shorts and shirt. I know, "is this kid for real?" I ask myself that on a daily basis. She fell in love with baby Tessa while visiting my friend Lisa and her two daughters, Alina and Tessa. Tessa is still little -- 7 pounds, and Fia desperately wanted to hold her. Thank goodness for Alina who kept Fia occupied with playing tea party and "cooking" in the kitchen -- oh and they did kick a soccer ball for a brief stint at the playground.
Sofia has been walking around with a baby doll tucked into her shorts and shirt. I know, "is this kid for real?" I ask myself that on a daily basis. She fell in love with baby Tessa while visiting my friend Lisa and her two daughters, Alina and Tessa. Tessa is still little -- 7 pounds, and Fia desperately wanted to hold her. Thank goodness for Alina who kept Fia occupied with playing tea party and "cooking" in the kitchen -- oh and they did kick a soccer ball for a brief stint at the playground.
At ballet on Saturday, I received a serious packet of instructions for Fia's ballet recital, including one full page on how to perfect the classic ballet bun. No amount of practice is going to enable me to get my daughter's fine hair into a bun. I hope they're not serious. I about spit out my coffee when I read that she should wear "blush, lipstick, mascara or eyeliner (as natural as possible)" -- what? Is that a contradiction in terms or what? In any case, this will be a dream come true for our princess.
Gabriel's allergies are in full effect, and while I'm not a big fan of putting kids on medicines, I'm seriously considering giving the kid Junior Claritin or something. Every morning when he wakes up, he says, "I can't breathe, Mom," as he snorts up all kinds of snot. Poor kid.
I just learned my cousin Bonnie is 8 weeks' pregnant! Congrats Bonnie and David! You guys are in for a treat. Kids keep you laughing and on your toes, that is for sure. This morning in the car, Sofia asked me, "What does making love mean, Mom?" I realized she had heard that reference seconds before in the song that was blaring on the radio. Mental note: I really need to switch that station to kids' music. I said, "Oh, you know, that just means you love someone." And she said, "Yeah. Miss Grace loves her husband." And just when I thought she understood me, she piped up, "Do you make love to me, Mom?" Ummm....I sputtered. "I love you babydoll. I don't make love to you." Fia (indignantly): "Why not? That's not nice Mom." Me: "Sofia, this is something we'll talk about when you're older." Fia: "I am older Mom." (starting to cry) Me: "heyyyy, let's listen to a kids' song." Fia: "Okay! can we hear the pirate song?" Me: "We sure can." Maybe when she gets a little older, I'll tell her to ask her cousin Bonnie what "making love" means... ;)
Love to all!
4 comments:
Gorgeous, and Adorable, as ever. :)
Mascara, blush and lipstick = natural?!?! eek! I've always wanted to have a ballerina bun. Lucky Fia!!! :)
I'm surprised Fia asked about the song lyrics. I just sang them at the top of my voice in public, never knowing how wildly inappropriate it was. :) Go Fia! :)
Love, love, love your stories. Your kids are way too cute and smart. Can't wait to see them in person this summer so I will have some of my own stories to tell about them. You will get the ballet bun conquered with some practice; try some hair gel to slick it down to add to the "natural" look. Or I am sure your cousins would be happy to provide you with a "consult" at the shore. They pretty much got to be experts in doing their own hair and makeup for ballet since their mom is not real talented in that area. :) So glad Alana and Jake got to come visit and we, too, are very proud of your mom and her award.
Your kids are the funniest! Thanks for mentioning us in your blog! I feel so special! We are so excited and hope to have some kiddos with fun personalities as well. It must be constant laughter around your house.
Pictures from WW turned out great! I had forgotten you took them. Kids are so crazy with their talk. Can't wait for OC in June. I had such a good time when you were here! Love you all!
Post a Comment