Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Fia's first dance recital

Gabe monkeying around with the girl he can't spend enough time with these days -- Tori.
Our silly Sofia with crazy hair after taking out the ballet buns (yes, I couldn't just get her hair up into one bun -- I had to do 4.) :D

World's Cutest Ballerina!
We were told the girls had to wear make-up or their faces would look washed out under the bright lights...Fia was in heaven.

Up on stage (she's second in from the left...)

Morning of the big dance recital...the day before Mother's Day and what an adorable gift for me! One group did an instrumental version of Brown-Eyed Girl and I lost some tears...so cute. My little girl is growing up way too fast, and it just breaks my heart. She tells everyone she's "almost 5." (Um, no -- she's not even almost 4!)
And, Gabe said more than once during the recital, "Mom, I wish I were a girl." I told him he can take dance if he wants to. He keeps saying, "Nah." But he'll pipe up with, "But I could take gymnastics!" Okay. I'll check into that. And swimming. And soccer. And tee-ball. And piano. And voice lessons. Another Mother's Day comes and goes and all I can think about is the millions of things I could/should be doing with my kids...a mommy's guilt. Does it ever subside?

4 comments:

Tina said...

Honey, you should feel NO guilt at all. Those kids are edible they're so sweet. They're obviously happy, well-adjusted and stinkin' clever. That means you're doing your job JUST FINE AND DANDY, Thank Ya Very Much!

And did I mention damn cute?!?! :)

Kathi said...

Sofia is the cutest ballerina I've ever seen! Loved my Mother's Day cards, but wish I could've been there to watch Sof dance. And Tina's right- you're a fabulous mom!

Betty said...

Sofia is adorable! She is definitely a little girl and will be a heart-breaker when she's gets to 10! I loved my Mother's Day card too!

Gigi said...

Oh, this brings back many memories! So cute! I agree, your kids are happy and healthy and well adjusted and you are doing a wonderful job. It's hard not to feel that mother guilt sometimes but I'd put you up against anyone. :) Enjoy the times you have together and know that the most important thing for kids is to feel loved and secure. Yours definitely do! Can't wait to see you in a few weeks!