Friday, July 2, 2010

Car conversations that nearly make you spit out your drink

This evening's conversation in the car went like this:

Sofia: Dad, was I in Mom's tummy when you and Mom got married?
Gabe (interrupting): No, Sofia, I was in Mom's tummy when they got married.
Sofia: Well, I was in Mom's tummy too. I just didn't pop out yet.
Tim: Sofia, you were actually in my tummy.
Sofia: WHAT?! But what tool did you use to get me over into Mom's tummy?
Gabe: Sofia, Dad did like this little dance and Mom stood real still and then, "poof!," you went right over into Mommy's tummy.
Sofia (thoughtful pause and then): Ohhh, yeah, okay.
Me: (can't breathe because I'm laughing too hard; forget trying to drink any water!)
Seriously, where on God's green Earth do these kids come up with this stuff??? I mean "tool???" and "dance...???"

And as quickly as the conversation started, it ended abruptly with Sofia shouting, "Yellow punchbuggy -- no punchbacks!"

On a random side note, Gabe asked if he could have a laser tag party for his birthday. Does anyone have guidance? Can't say I've ever played laser tag....Google, here I come!

1 comment:

bonnie said...

That's hilarious! Your kids are so entertaining!