Gabe: Hey Mom, when are we going to go to Cici's again?
Me: I don't know Gabe. We can't go out to eat all the time. You know it costs money. Everything costs money.
Gabe: Mom, not EVERYTHING costs money. I didn't cost you any money. There was no cash register guy in your belly saying, "Excuse me please, but you have to pay for him."
Me: (laughing): Well, okay, technically you're right; not everything costs money. You do cost money to feed and bathe and clothe. But it doesn't cost as much money to have fun right here in the house. What do you want to do?
Gabe: Let's make puzzles Mom!
So, we busted out some craft sticks and we made puzzles. (The kids color on some craft sticks that are taped together; we un-tape, and voila! Puzzles!) I never thought I could draw until my kids constantly started asking me, "Mom, can you draw Max and Ruby?" or "Mom, can you draw an alien?" I may not think it's very impressive, but the kids think everything I do is amazing. (Well, not EVERYTHING, but a lot of things anyway!) :)
I came downstairs the other day to hear Sofia say, "Do the wild dance Mom. Show us your wild dance" while she was shaking her booty. So I turned around and shook my booty right back at her, and she and Gabe started laughing like it was the funniest thing ever. I love making them laugh! There's nothing cuter than kids cracking up.
Two dinner conversations from the last week, which I should be embarrassed to admit took place at the dinner table, but I'm not. I figure these conversations will come in handy when the kids are older and I want to embarrass them. :) I do politely remind the kids that these are not appropriate conversations for when we're not at home. Sofia was talking to us about the movie we watched the other day where the boy was picking his boogers, and I asked her, "What movie was that?" She answered, "You know: The Diarrhea of a Lumpy Kid?" Gabe corrected her through his laughter -- "DIARY of a WIMPY Kid!" (But I really think she does stuff like that intentionally.) Also at dinner, she announced she was playing the cheese pizza violin. (See photo below.)
And Gabe was apparently entertained by the toasted pine nuts that came with his steamed broccoli because he stood up in his chair and asked, "Mom/Dad, how many nuts do I have in my weiner?" Tim and I were both laughing pretty hard while trying to answer, "Well, you have two below your weiner -- not IN your weiner." Humor....the silly sense of humor in this house is completely free!
![]() |
| Tim and I were posing in front of a giant rooster at the MGMT concert last week |
![]() |
| We still take pix of the kids when they're napping. |
![]() |
| Sofia with her cousin Elizabeth |
![]() |
| Gabe, Sofia and Elizabeth at Great Country Farms |
![]() |
| Sofia, Gabe and Gabe's friend Ben at Gabe's laser tag birthday party |






No comments:
Post a Comment