Gabe's physical injuries didn't look terrible -- bruises on his chin and along his jawline from his helmet chinstrap, some scrapes and a good-lookin' bump on the back of his head and a seriously nasty-lookin' bruise on his shoulder. But when I asked him, "When's your birthday, Gabe?" And he answered, "August 4th" (and that's not the right answer), I said to Tim, "Looks like you'll be taking him to the ER tonight."
Sure, I got some grief for not going, but hey, I had a 10k to run the next morning at 8 a.m., and we've done the family visit to the ER. That's not exactly fun for the kid who doesn't need to be there. So I thought it made more sense for me to spend some quality time with Sofia, get some shut-eye while getting the periodic phone updates from Tim.
Sofia and I were chatting away while snuggling and trying to go to sleep when she anxiously asked me, "Mom, what if both of Gabe's legs are broken?" I stifled a laugh and said, "Sofia, if Gabe's legs were broken, he would've been screaming at the top of his lungs." Sofia scrunched up her nose and emphatically put her foot down, "NO!" she retorted with diva attitude. "Don't you remember that time when Daddy saw a crab on the beach and he started screaming at the top of HIS lungs? His legs weren't broken." Well, then I couldn't suppress my laughter. I got to giggling and she got to giggling, and we soon heard from Tim that Gabe was just fine -- no broken bones. He had a minor head contusion. And, the only time Gabe cried was when the doc announced he couldn't skate for at least a week.
Touche Sofia, you are one witty little girl. Let's hope your Dad doesn't have a fit when he reads this post. LOL! Love you Tim! Also posting a few recent pix since it has been a while...
Sofia and Gabe at Gabe's last baseball game
Sofia at her Pre-K Graduation Ceremony -- I can't believe she goes to Kindergarten this year!
A recent pic taken by our friend Alexandria when we were out in Occoquan.



3 comments:
K - that post made me smile with a tiny tear in my eye. :) I Love and miss you so much. And despite the insane amount of working hours, you're obviously a BRILLIANT Mom, a gorgeous wife, a fantastic career woman and a competitive athlete. :) I never expected anything less from someone as wonderful as you.
I'm home in CO in early Oct, and planning on a quick hop to NYC the last weekend in Sept... ahem... :)
OH!! And I hope Gabe fully recovers from his overly friendly introduction to large skater man. :)
Tina: you're the sweetest! Let's meet in NYC in September!!!
Post a Comment