Monday, July 11, 2011

Teen Energy in the House

So my 15-year-old cousin is staying with us this summer to watch Gabe and Sofia while we're at work, and she is doing great! It's a lot of fun having her here. Abby brought her dog Noah with her as well -- he's a giant sweetheart, a German Shepherd mix who is about 5 years old. I leave Abby with about an hour's worth of school work for Gabe and Sofia each morning, but other than that, they seem to play all day, which of course is super fun for them. They're playing a lot of Guitar Hero, so Gabe's becoming a video game champion.

I really love the energy Abby's bringing to our house. She's a wonderful writer and is always writing new stories. Makes me want to write more too. She also listens to a band called My Chemical Romance nearly exclusively, and I'm surprising myself getting excited when they come on the radio -- squealing and turning the radio up with her. Who knew having a teenager in the house could be so much fun?

No comments: