So I have been trying all week to talk Tim and the kids into going into DC for the concert tomorrow at the Lincoln Memorial & to the parade on Tuesday, but they think I'm crazy. Too cold, Tim says. I don't think it's too cold to go out and be a part of history. He has graciously agreed to watch the kids while I go though, so I'm not complaining.
Let's see, on the Gabe front, this week, he has been asking numerous questions about how to drive a car. He asked me, "But, how do you know which pedal to push?" and "What if you accidentally push the wrong pedal?" "What do the yellow lines mean?" And when we went on a field trip to see a musical production of The Rainbow Fish, he tried to crawl under the bus to see how it works. This kid knows how to frighten his mother! He is totally fascinated with how things work -- always has been. He has also been playing non-stop with a new toy from Grandpa and Bubbe -- a flying robot.
On the Sofia front, she was not thrilled that she didn't get to go with us on the aforementioned field trip, so I promised to take her on a "special date" the same night. When I picked her up from daycare, I asked her where she'd like to go for dinner. She said, "To Dad's meatball office." I still don't know why she calls it that, but I said, "Why? He's not there right now. Do you want to eat dinner at home with Dad and Gabe?" And she said, "Oh, no. Let's go get sushi." I almost crashed the car, I laughed so hard. She only said that because she knows I love sushi. When we got there, she was so well-behaved and adorable. The owner came over and asked if he could get me a highchair to which Sofia announced, "No, thank you. I am a big girl, not a baby." He laughed and became enamored with her. Kept coming over to ask her questions and talk to her. He asked if she liked her soup and she said, "Oh yes, thank you. I like my sushi soup." He brought her mango ice cream for dessert (which we didn't order), and she said, "Thank you. My friend Holly has a dog named Mango." She is a riot and a half.
I'll try to take as many pictures as I can tomorrow and Tuesday. Aunt Jane, it's a shame you don't live here! I know you'd love to see Bono and Bruce and Obama! :D
5 comments:
Oh my gosh, I am so envious! I thought I would be fine with watching from home but I saw the whistle-stop in Baltimore on CNN today and it made me think that I really do wish I could be there in person! What was I thinking??!! Not only Obama, but Bruce and Bono, too. Remember all the details and we will live vicariously. I hope it's great fun and not too terribly cold. (Reminds me of the time Susan, Sherri and I came up for the March on Washington against the war and froze our heinies off)
Your kids have the cutest personalities! Always love your stories. They are so bright and curious.
I would love to join you only it's too cold for me! Brrr! I'll be most content to watch it on TV!
I would love to be there too to see history in the making, but Obama dissed me and didn't send me an invitation. So I guess I'll stay here and watch on the tube. It was great fun talking to Fia and Gabe on the phone. They are both such good conversationalists! I asked Abram tonight if he was going to be a big brother soon, and he said, "Yes, Bubbe. Mommy has a boy baby in there." I said, "In her tummy?" and he looked at me like "Where else?" and said, "Yes, Bubbe." He always says the name of the person he's talking to when he answers, and it cracks me up- he reminds me of a little proper British boy or something. I've noticed that Sofia and Aden do the same thing, but I don't remember Gabe doing that or any of you guys (my kids) when you were little.
Say hi to Bruce and Bono for me...:) and be careful out there with the big crowd!
You don't have to have an official invitation--it's open to the public. :) I am watching on CNN and looking for Kristinn. Nothing major happening yet, though. If only Bruce had hired me for a roadie years ago, I could be hanging out. LOL
Wish I could be there! Have an awesome time and soak up every minute of it.
Post a Comment