After much thought, I have decided this blog will remain mostly a place for me to retell the kids' stories. I have always admired that my mom never said an unkind word about my biological father. And in fact, I never knew what actually happened between them until I was in college and started to ask questions both of her and of him. I'd like that to be the case for Sofia and Gabe too. They're my little angels, and they deserve to be protected from the BS that transpires between their parents. The ex- and I should try to do better by them, particularly since we haven't done the best job over the last 9 years. Additionally, it seems nearly impossible to protect their privacy in this day and age. Eventually, they'll be on the Internet all the time and they'll find their way here, and I'd like to do a better job in protecting their innocence.
That said, I think the reason women on average live longer than men is because we know how to let it out. haha! I have a lot to kvetch about, and venting is good for my soul. So I will be launching a private blog just for me -- one where I hopefully don't have to worry about the kids stumbling upon it. Hell I might even write a book under a pseudonym. Doesn't feel nearly as courageous somehow, but I don't care. It would be fabulous to get a lot off my chest; even if no one is reading, it will be therapeutic. Based on the outpouring of support through private messages and even public ones the couple of times I have vented a bit on Facebook, I think it's completely worth it, and I think it also does some of my friends and family good too. So, anyway, if you're interested in reading it, send me a private email and I'll give you the password. My email address is kristinnleonhart@gmail.com
Thanks, and happy New Year! I know 2013 is going to be better than 2012. I can feel it in my bones. :)
xoxo,
k
No comments:
Post a Comment