Friday, July 11, 2008

Now I Can Blame Strangers too! :D

Yesterday when I got into the car, Gabriel excitedly explained that Daddy was the biggest a@@hole in all of Washington, DC! My response was, "WHAT? WHAT did you just say, Gabe?" thinking I MUST've misheard him. Alas - no. That is precisely what he said. Here's the reason:

Tim usually parks on 12th and waits for me to come out after work. When I'm running late, Tim parks right out in front on Constitution, in the far right lane next to the curb, which is legal to do (although not necessarily courteous) beginning at 6:30. Tim had all the windows rolled down with the kids in their carseats when a guy in a convertible pulled up parallel to Tim and yelled, "YOU are the biggest A@@HOLE in all of Washington, DC!" I had to giggle a little bit and say, "Wow, well, that's quite an insult, isn't it? You've got some real company in this town." :D People are such jerks. I mean, someone has got to be the first to park in the driving lane at 6:30...why'd that guy have to lose his lid and curse at my husband when he could clearly see kids in the car? I bet he was a Senator! LOL!

I told Tim that while I appreciate he's being a gentleman and trying to pick me up closer to the entrance of my building, it's really no sweat for me to walk around the corner to 12th where there's MUCH less traffic. My poor husband really obsesses because at least twice last night out of nowhere (& after the kids were fast asleep), he said, "I am the biggest A@@hole in all of Washington, DC." And we'd both get to giggling.

See what you can aspire to be folks.... ;)

5 comments:

Gigi said...

Oh, MY GOSH! That is one of the funniest things I've ever heard. I was laughing out loud at work when I read it the first time and now I just finished reading it to Rich and we were both cracking up so hard! LOVE IT. And I bet you are right that it was a Senator. LOL

Unknown said...

Do you want to blame friends too? I can call Tim and a@@hole....I might have trouble not laughing..but I'll do it.

Tina said...

It was definitely a Senator. I laughed out loud when I read this. Poor Gabe, and poor poor Tim. :)

Betty said...

Loved it! Kids say the funniest things!

Kristinn said...

Everyone's comments here totally cracked me up! You guys are a riot!!!