Last night, Gabriel was changing into his pajamas and was down to his underwear when he suddenly started (very animatedly) dancing around. Next thing, we know, he's dancing his way out of the bedroom and into the bathroom singing as he goes, "Ohhhhh, I gotta poop, poop, poop. I really gotta poop, poop, poop!" Tim & I (as usual) were dying laughin'. Where does he get this stuff?!
A little later, I was explaining to Gabe why it was lightning and thundering outside and found myself making up some ridiculously silly explanations. "So, G-d's tummy is just really mad right now. He ate something bad." Gabe interrupts: "G-d's Santa Claus, right, Mom?" I continue, "Well, they can both see you at ALL times. But G-d's the one who has gas right now, buddy. It's no big deal, the thunder and the lightning." Gabriel says, "Why is it SO loud?" I say, "Well, because he's kinda like a superhero Gabe, sitting way up in the clouds, and he's so giant, it just makes a lot of noise when his tummy's upset." Gabe says, "That's pretty cool Mom." I say, "I know, isn't it?"
Next thing you know, out of left field, Gabe is asking me if he can have a brother, to which I say, "Well, no, you guys are it. We're not having any more kids, but even if we tried, we couldn't choose whether we had a boy or a girl. Did you know we didn't know if you were a girl or a booy until you were born? Daddy was the one who told me, "It's a boy!" Gabe asks incredulously, "How did Dad know I was a boy?" Me: "Well, because he could see your great big balls." Gabe: "WHERE WERE MY PANTS?" I laugh myself to sleep every night. These kids are riotously funny.
1 comment:
Hilarious. Absolutely hilarious. :) You are one of the few Mommies that makes me want to have my own. I'm not sure if I should thank you for that, but ... Thank you. :)
Post a Comment