Recently overheard at the Vazquez house:
Gabe: "Dad, I like Mrs. Bosse."
Tim: "That's good Gabe."
Gabe: "I've been thinking about her a lot."
LOL! I guess it's great news that he loves his kindergarten teacher, right?
Gabe and Sofia started swim lessons yesterday. They both loved it! Sofia has ballet classes and Gabe starts soccer this weekend. And much to my (pleasant) surprise, Tim volunteered to coach Gabe's team. I am back to teaching English to adults one night a week, so life just got busier than ever in the blink of an eye.
And just when I think we're out of the woods with the cursing, Sofia throws me a curveball. Yesterday, we had just had a successful moment in the bathroom. I clapped and made a huge deal of course, but she said, "You have to do the monkey dance." And I replied, "Dad does a monkey dance?" So I did my best monkey dance. She seemed satisfied. Until we were walking out of the office and she ran into the door on the way out. She muttered under her breath, "G-d-damned fukkin door." I said, "WHAT did you say?" And she said, clear as day, "I said, 'fukkin door; it hit me.'" I replied, "SOFIA! We don't say that word. You know that's a bad word." She said, "Okay, Mom. You don't use that word either." I said, "Okay, Fia. I'll try." Dang. There is nothing like being reprimanded by your 2-year-old.
5 comments:
LOL, I can't even imagine how cute Sofia is saying fukkin' even I know I shouldn't think it's cute.
I CAN'T BELIEVE Tim volunteered to coach Gabe's soccer team!!! Mencken has always said that he wants to do that when our children are old enough (years before we even had children)...oh man...Menck and Tim are going to have so much fun talking about that...HOW KEWL!!!
YAY that Gabe likes his teacher!
That is hilarious - one for the books.
Your stories are the best. I think you should be one of those "blogs of note." :)
I think a You-Tube video of the monkey dance by K and T is definitely in order. I'll be watching this space for it. :)
Oh man she is a riot!
Post a Comment