I asked Tim to call me so I could hear all about Gabe's first day at kindergarten. Here's the transcript of the call:
Me: How was your first day at school Gabe?
Gabe: All it was was just work.
Me: What do you mean work? Did you read? Did you write?
Gabe: It was BORING Mom.
Me: Well, was riding the bus fun?
Gabe: Yeah, but it was short.
Me: Did you remember to get breakfast this morning? (I sent him 2 different envelopes -- 1 with breakfast money and 1 with lunch money.)
Gabe: Yeah, but I didn't pay for it.
Me: What? Why?
Gabe: Because they didn't ask me for my money.
Me: You still have to pay for it hon. We'll talk about this some more tonight.
Gabe: Okay, I'm going to go play Mom.
Man! I was expecting that he would have a phenomenally great first day at school, and apparently that was not the case. I am excited for him that he and Tim were headed to the playground. Hopefully Gabe is at least excited that his days are shorter now than they were in daycare. He'll get to spend a lot more quality time with his dad. I'm really jealous, but my job wouldn't give me the flexibility. Nice, hunh?
2 comments:
I bet he remembers it fondly a few months from now...I can't believe he's so grown up already. I bet it was an emotional day.
Poor mommy! LOL! I think the first day is hardest on you. What is Tim saying about all of this? Gabe will be fine as soon as he gets some friends.
Post a Comment