So, yesterday, there was a new sign posted to Sofia's daycare center door that read, "We have had a confirmed case of conjunctivitis (aka pink eye), so please watch your children for symptoms and keep them home if they present any." And wouldn't you know that this morning, both Fia and Gabe have crusty, pink eyes. Oh man!
I am nervously watching my hands constantly because I seem to be super susceptible to eye infections, and I'm calling the pediatrician the moment his office opens. Pink eye must be one of the most contagious bugs around! In a weird way, I'm glad it's JUST pink eye though because at least the kids don't act sick. They don't even really seem bothered by it. They won't at all like the ointment or drops I have to put in their eyes later today, but still, I know when to count my blessings. :D
Nanni, your comment on the hamster post is hilarious! I had completely forgotten that story and somehow Tim didn't mention it either. My dad was never a big fan of hamsters either, but then again he probably viewed them as glorified rats, which he fed to the snakes. Tim was trying to talk the kids into a bird instead while I was jumping up and down and shaking my head vehemently against the idea. I've never understood keeping birds as pets. They're NOISY, they poop a lot, and you can't really pet them. My Aunt Jane did have a pretty cool bird for a while named Jack, I think, but he was of the rather expensive variety -- an African grey parrot I believe someone gave to them. Of course my problem with birds may have to do with an unfortunate incident when I was a wee one where my folks accidentally fried our two cockatoos. I think they put a space heater too close to the birds in an effort to keep them warm. eww!
Luckily we escaped the pet store with no animals in tow. Yay for hamster books! :D And maybe this way our kids won't have any weird biases against particular animals when they're adults. haha!
4 comments:
Pink eye does seem to be very contagious! I can remember it making the rounds several times when the girls were little. But, as you said, it's mostly an annoyance rather than a terrible illness. Poor Tim--that hamster story is pretty horrifying! Mark still has Jack, the parrot, who was or is a very interesting pet. We were always amazed by everything that he could say and do and he certainly kept us amused. However, he was also pretty messy and didn't like me at all so we were not buddies. And he was NOT given to us; I could only wish that was the case. That dude was an expensive purchase but Mark had always wanted an African Grey. :)
Todd's kids both just got it, too! I was paranoid, because I must have had it 50 times as a kid. Luckily, I got out without catching it this round.
Oh, oh pink eyes-be careful don't you get it!
Your bird story is good! (And you're right, they're very messy.) The Alfred Hitchcock movie, The Birds, scared me to death. I'm very scared of birds! Dogs and cats are nice pets.
I hate that it is so contagious!! It has now moved to Elle's other eye. Did your kiddos have really red, burnt looking rings around their eyes. That seems so strange to me and I am wondering if i should take Elle back to the doc. I just hate to go again!!
Post a Comment